Bullying causes emotional distress and leads to psychological problems
IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT THIS SCHOOL
If you or someone you know is being bullied,
PLEASE REPORT IT!
Should you experience or witness any form of bullying or discriminatory behaviour please speak to any member of staff or report it to the appropriate Head of Year or Student Support Manager on 0151 477 8860.
• Head of Year 7 – Mr Proctor
• Head of Year 8 – Mrs Bannon
• Head of Year 9 – Mrs Blackmore
• Head of Year 10 – Miss O’Reilly
• Head of Year 11 – Mr Owen
There are many things we do at Lord Derby Academy to prevent bullying and discriminatory behaviour such as:
• Anti-bullying week assemblies
• PDC curriculum
• Strong pastoral system
• Regular safeguarding meetings
• PSE curriculum
• Safer Schools Police Officer
• Stepping Up Box
• E safety (ICT Y7 curriculum, PHSCE curriculum)
• Staying Safe noticeboard in the Atrium
• Form Tutor noticeboards (how to stop discrimination/steps to follow/key contacts)
• Student Services – located centrally and always accessible
• Restorative justice to resolve any issues
• Regular, timetabled Inclusion meetings
• Inclusion support
• External agencies
Although incidents of bullying and discriminatory behaviour are rare at Lord Derby Academy, as an extra measure the safeguarding team review Cpoms on a weekly basis as an additional quality assurance tool.
To view the Dean Trust Anti-Bullying Policy, please click here.